Friday 7 October 2022

5 Solutions to Acquire Your current Inside Drama King.

 If you want to experience drama at its best, then adopt a couple of pre-teen girls for the afternoon. I recently had such an experience with my daughter and a couple of her friends.

As soon as they experienced the automobile, I began to hear things like:

"Everybody flunked the test."

"He said he liked me and it had been the most effective day of my whole entire life."

"OMG...that was so embarrassing mom. Please don't wave at the senior school kids."

"I won't ever, ever understand math."

"You NEVER take me shopping."

"I don't have anything to wear."

The drama continued for the duration of the automobile ride.

It reminded me of the drama queen in all of us (especially women who struggle with emotional eating and body image issues).

The grown up drama queen says things like:

"I've fallen off the wagon."

"I'll never, ever be thin."

"Everybody can eat what they want but me."

"I am this kind of failure."

"OMG...did you see me trying to run? Which was so humiliating."

Over time to be a woman and experiencing womanhood, I have come to realize that we all have a dilemma queen that lives within us. It only becomes an issue when she's running the show. Dramacool

So, here really are a few techniques for living at peace with your inner drama diva:

1. Go through the drama, as opposed to from the drama

When you find yourself being embroiled into a dramatic moment, simply notice what's going on. Observe the way the emotions build, and then notice how you're tempted to act. Can you see how drama adds a complexity to the situation?

2. State the Facts

Drama is judgment of the facts. In place of saying, "I made a 74 on the math test," a dilemma queen says, "I am this kind of failure. I won't ever, ever learn math." Or, as opposed to saying "I ate a bag of Oreos," she'll say, "I've fallen off the wagon, and I'll never, ever be thin." Try stating just the facts of the situation, without judgment or negativity.

3. Prove your drama queen wrong

The inner dramatic wants to sensationalize things, but why don't you challenge her only a little with proof. For example, when she claims you will never, ever be thin, find evidence to prove her wrong. Find others who've done what you want to do or find reasons why you can be thin.

4. Give her the stage

Your drama queen just wants to be heard and seen. Give the poor thing 5 or 10 minutes each day to complete her thing. I prefer to schedule in drama time when I will complain, exaggerate, cry, or simply just step out of my beautiful life for some moments to obtain completely trapped in drama, however I return and close the curtain.

5. Take her to the films

Most of us crave only a little excitement within our lives. The problem occurs once we use our lives whilst the stage for unhealthy drama to unfold. To entertain that part of you who craves a big production, try taking her to see an excellent show or read an excellent, trashy novel. You can disappear feeling satisfied without completing mucking up your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment